The George and Fay Young Foundation, Inc. is a private, not for profit corporation. In all its dealings with the public, it is the Foundation’s intent to be accessible, objective, cordial and professional. The policy of the Foundation is to issue grants only to organizations which are (i) exempt from federal income taxation under Section 501(a) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended (the “Code”); (ii) described in Code Section 501(c)(3); and (iii) not classified as a private foundation described in Code Section 509(a). Grants are not made to individuals. The Foundation does not accept unsolicited grant applications. The application process is by invitation only.
- The Foundation’s Board meets twice a year, and final decisions and payouts are made during and following the spring and fall board meetings.
- A grant applicant will not receive more than one grant within a calendar year.
- An invitation proves clear interest in a given program/ project/ or organization, however is not a guarantee for funding.
- Foundation support is not restricted to those organizations in support of or promoting the beliefs of a particular creed or denomination.
- The Foundation traditionally focuses its funding on organizations operating within the Dallas/ Ft. Worth Metroplex. The Foundation, will however, give consideration to organizations located in other parts of Texas as well as throughout the United States that represent the listed areas of focus.